I am offering a ZOOM Pilot workshop, using my new book as our springboard. If you don’t have it yet, no problem. I will send the specific section you will need in advance of the next class. We will explore drawing and painting projects that will deepen our skills. Each class will be 45 minutes long and will focus on one aspect of the P3 process. There will be ten 45 minute classes over the month of March. I am limiting this pilot series to ten participants.
The ZOOM sessions will go something like this: I will demonstrate a specific, learnable process. Then, I will lead and respond to each participant as they practice the specific skill I demonstrated. This is the most effective way to learn a skill. In the later classes we will put all these skills together as we approach a portrait in oils, one step at a time.
It is time to re-imagine yourself as the artist you’ve always dreamed of being.
Anyone who wishes to advance, at any level, are encouraged to participate remotely from anywhere in the world. How cool is that?
What you will need:
- a good WiFi connection
- a decent webcam with sound or a smart phone
- good light and a clear view of your work
- basic art materials for drawing and painting
What you can expect from me:
- Materials list
- An email invite that will go out about half an hour before each class, including items you will need for that class
- Clear demonstrations of the specific skills we are developing
- Positive instruction and detailed feedback in real time addressing any questions about the process
- Any photographic reference we will be using
- Graphics/charts from Robert’s P3 book
- Information you will need for the next class
- If you miss a class, I will be making recordings available to those who sign up for the workshop
Below is the schedule we will follow: March Madness, every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 am
|Mon. @11:00 am||Wed. @ 11:00 am|
|Week One March 1 & 3||Blind Contour Drawing||Modified Contour Drawing|
|Week Two March 8 & 10||Gesture & Envelope||3 in 1 & figure drawing|
|Week Three March 15 & 17||Portrait & Figure drawing||Hue Value Chroma|
|Week four March 22 & 24||Underpainting a portrait||Mixing Power Palette|
|Week five March 29 & 31||Using the palette on portrait||
Finishing the portrait
The Power of Positive Painting as a guide, sort of like a text book.
← You can get a copy by clicking the image.
I will be sending sections of the book in advance of each lesson to everyone who signs up.